Thursday, October 1, 2009

when nice just doesn't cut it.

so i gave it a shot with That Nice Guy.
annnd it was a  complete bust.
i must preface my disappointment with the explanation that i tried really hard to open myself to the possibility that maybe it was time for me to choose nice over unavailable. that it was my chance to break my bad dating habits and embrace the comfortness that is That Nice Guy.


so i said yes to a movie date. and this time, i didn't make up a lame excuse to ditch him and i only changed the place and date once. i swear. so off i went on a date that i hoped would forever change my fucked up status-quo.


but i couldn't get past his wardrobe.
don't even get me started.  phat farm at 25? he may as well been dressed in seasame street attire. it was absolutely ridiculous and i had no idea how to act.  

he tried several times to put his hand on my thigh during the  movie and i caught him every few minutes, looking over at me with this weirdo look that suggested he might kiss me.  it was during the movie that i realized i am so not into him.  That Nice Guy is simply that, nice.  He is not anything close to what i crave and desire in a significant other.  i want passion and laughter and awesomeness and unrelenting desire.  and That Nice Guy does not arouse any of those feelings.


so after this realization (and the movie), i practically ran to my car (yes, my car, SINCE HE DOES NOT OWN ONE) and chauffered That Nice Guy home, with the realization that our relationship would end in exactly the same place it began - in the rain, in his driveway, in awkward silence. 

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. Fucked up status quo- hilarious. Phat farm...even funnier. Good girl linny, the nicest guy in the word could not be excused from phat farm. at any age.

    ReplyDelete